Who We Are & What We do
During your stay with us you will experience
Various programs are provided.
Standard Program Schedule
In Your free time, You can drink tea or read books in the lounge. Another good way is to enjoy a nearby trekking. Optional programs include Balugongyang, Meditation, Rubbing. The optional program begins at 9:00 a.m. on two separate occasions. Balugongyang is served at 6 a.m. breakfast time. There is an additional cost when selecting an option program. It costs 2,000 to 5,000KRW per program. Balugongyang cost 10,000KRW.
Programs & Prices
Ο Daily Templestay Program : – Tripitaka Rubbing, Temple tour
– Date : Tue~Sat(1pm~3pm)
– Place : Bojeru
– Fee : 20,000(KRW)
Ο 1Night 2Days Templestay : I want to Rest
– Program : Temple Tour, Tea conversation with monk
– Option : Meditation, Rubbing, Barugongyang(+20,000 KRW)
– Date : Every days, 1 night and 2days
– Fee : 50,000(KRW)
– Room : 1Person 1Room
Accommodation is arranged depending on participants of families, groups and individuals.
We are trying our best to maintain clean washrooms and toilets.
How to get here
Take the Honam Expressway, Geumsansa IC Exit
• Geumsansa IC > Wonpyeong > Geumsansa(about 5km,10minutes)
Take the Seohaean Expressway, West Gimje IC Exit
• West Gimje IC > Gimje > Wonpyeong > Geumsansa(about 26km, 50minutes)
Take the Suncheonwanju Expressway, Sangkwan IC Exit
• Sangkwan IC > Silli Intersection > Honamro (Nonsan & Gunsan roundabout way) > Junginri Intersection > Geumsansa(about 23km, 40minutes)
Seoul Yongsan Station > Jeonju Station (1 hour 55 minutes)
Seoul Yongsan Station > Gimje Station (1 hour 50 minutes)
Express Bus & Intercity Bus
•Take a bus to Jeonju or Gimje
Jeonju Express Bus Terminal
•Take the bus 79 to Geumsansa from Jeonju Express Bus Terminal(The bus comes every 25minutes, about 55minutes distance)
Gimje Bus Express Terminal & Gimje Train Station
• Take the bus No.5 to Geumsansa (about 45-minute distance)
A uniform ( a vest and pants ) is provided during the stay. * What to bring : toiletries, a personal water bottle, loose clothes for sleep, an extra t-shirt, sneakers, and socks. Remember that a sleeveless shirt or flip-flops are not recommended.
1days before : 100%
the day : regard as participating
The followings are regulations in the temple.
1. Be on time for Buddhist service, temple meals etc. … during your templestay.
2. Greet people you meet with a respectful heart by putting your palms together.
3. Focus on looking back at your Self.
4. Be always considerate of others.
5. Keep the surroundings clean and tidy.
And the title for templestay is “I want to take a rest”. Does it sound right?
The meaning of the title is that nowadays everybody is busy with their lives and they have no time to relax or relieve their stress. We would like them to give themselves a good opportunity to escape from busy life by coming to the temple for temple stay. When they come here, they will leave everything behind and look back at their Selves.
Do not pick up.
You should take bus number 79(Jeonju-city) or 5(Gimje-city).
Get off at the bus terminal of Geumsansa Temple and walk up. The distance takes about 700 meters, 15 minutes. It’s a smooth road.